Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The dangers of an unknown Apple

Daniel Agramonte makes some key points about Apple as a company, and many of his observations are widely held. I wish I'd noticed a little more when AAPL fell from 200 plus; I didn't sell until 135 and lost profits in the one stock I considered unbeatable. Lesson well learned.

Yes, AAPL has rallied since hitting 122 last week. It could run higher, I know. But I'm still wary. No catalyst is in sight, and it'll be difficult for me to step into any stock without a big event/product. There is no new killer app, no new iPhone effect in sight. Yet.

1 comment:

michael said...

i think there are more reasons who make a stock growing than just a killer aplication. and in apple there are a lot more ;)

the last main killer is the movie rental service with all major studios in the boat. but not many recognize this because people where to blind to see and just waited for an killer app like iphone.

i thought after this people do not expect killer apps like iphone anymore.. i was wrong.

so what else can apple do in future than suprise?