Friday, March 13, 2009

New iPhone software

I'm no tech dweeb, but this is cool stuff.

Apple will unveil, sorta, new software for iPhone 3.0, in just four days. They won't produce the product just yet, but it's big news for iPhone addicts and those of us who like Apple's stuff. (I have a small position in AAPL now.) All the little improvements that iPhone owners have wanted could be addressed. Shee, wasn't it just a year or two ago when most of the world's tech writers openly doubted Apple's ability to challenge the leaders (RIMM's BlackBerry, Palm)?

Just touching the iPhone, like I did yesterday at the always-crowded Apple store at Ala Moana, is an automatic joy button for me. I sure can't stand the unlimited minutes package ($129.99 per month!), but it is a technological slice of heaven. The stock slipped a little today, which gave me a decent (not great) entry point above 95. After dropping to 83 last week, AAPL might sit around 95 for awhile ... like until Tuesday.

No comments: