Monday, April 11, 2011

Mumbly Monday: A sea of red


9:58 am (Hawaii) Busy, busy, busy with work and other activities, so I finally got a look at the market for the first time today in the past few minutes. Red, red, red. 20% of my wish list was green, the lowest I've seen in weeks, maybe months. Was there a winning trade today? Yes. But I'm not going to go high risk and gamble on fickle momentum. With the market down, QID was not much of a winner, surprisingly, up just 0.4%.

TVIX and VXX were useless. MCP continued its insane rise, moving up 7.2%, but it was one of the lone stars. Only CHGS (dangerous), EDZ, TZA, BIDU, CSTR gained more than 1% of the listings on my list.

Silver plays got demolished today, which is not a total surprise given last week's nonstop rise. EXK lost 7.8% (11.40). UCO lost 7.2%. Those two are at the bottom of my list today.

AAPL was at 335+, but is now at 330.80. It should test the near-term floor (326) soon.

I remain 100% in cash, thankfully so.

No comments: