Tuesday, December 25, 2007

No. 19 CNOOC: To heaven and hell

PetroChina is the undisputed king of crude oil in China, but CNOOC is its baby brother, the one specializing in off-shore drilling. Both have the backing and protection of the Chinese government. It doesn't get much safer than that. That being said, CNOOC's stock (CEO) has been on a hellacious roller-coaster ride.


















I touted CEO when it was in the 90s, and again in the 110s, with a P/E of just 11. Then it dropped back to the 90s and I missed my chance. I had no idea the price of crude was going to approach 100, no idea that CEO was going for a ride above 210. Holy crap.

CEO is trading below its 50-day SMA, but only those with brass balls will step in here. Can crude make a run at 100? I think so, but without faith to back my belief, I will not act in accordance.

Pupule's Top 25 (Dec. 25)

No comments: