Tuesday, December 25, 2007

No. 21 lululemon: No downward dog here

lululemon athletica ahead of Microsoft? Yes. Really. A strong earnings report and recent upgrades confirmed what I believed about LULU when I bought in the high 30s a few months ago. I saw the stock run to 60, but it fell to 40 amidst the fears about a slowing economy. This Co has a niche to itself, for the most part, and it's a good one: female yoga fanatics. They're a demographic that speaks well to revenues: 18-35 females.


















The seaweed fiasco has been quickly forgotten thanks to robust earnings. The Co will continue to expand across the U.S. Growth is coming and it is real. I haven't taken a step back into LULU since the sell, and the stock is now near 50 again. I'm watching closely.

Pupule's Top 25 (Dec. 25)

No comments: