Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hedge play OK

Sold both VXX and AAPL early in premarket for a positive trade. We're having a quiet premarket for the first time in what feels like ages, so VXX traded down. I let the very small position go at 30.60 for a small loss (-0.69). I let go of my small AAPL position at 249.88 for a gain (+4.79). Within a few seconds, AAPL went over 250, but I'll be patient and re-enter at some point.

It's a small net profit, but there was very little risk involved thanks to this hedge, and I'm more than happy to grind out small profits in this market. It may seem odd, but AAPL and VXX have worked together for me since I first traded them this way about three weeks ago. That one morning, both moved heavily in opposite directions before switching momentum. Been a believer since.

Doesn't look like there will be a need for a hedge today. We'll see.

No comments: