Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Dozing through profit opportunities

Baidu, Baidu, Baidu. I have confidence that BIDU will return to 427. Maybe not tomorrow or this week, but I'll hold for now. Goes to show that technicals are still important even with a momo stock. BIDU had been up seven days in a row when I bought a little more this morning. The stock closed after-hours trading at 405. Boo. Bad trading.

Yingli wasn't so bad. In fact, YGE was up more than $2 to 37+ and I could've sold for a little profit if it hadn't been 6 a.m. and if I hadn't been flat-out asleep. Yingi pulled back to 35+ by the close. No complaints here. But looking over at Suntech Power (STP) and its 12% move today, I wonder why I like Yingli so much instead of the Chinese solar leader.

Apple closed strong today, up more than 3% to 192. Very nice. One of the faux portfolios I keep is nothing but Apple based on monthly buys regardless of price. It's amazing sight to behold, so much green lighting up the screen. The pruning I did yesterday has me thinking more and more about sticking with a handful of stocks, maybe even just three or so. Three great companies.

Those wouldn't be YGE or STP though. Not yet. Formative years, strictly trade material. I need to stock up on Monster energy drinks. Maybe then I'll see the light. Get it? Solar stocks. Light. Boo...

No comments: