Thursday, November 8, 2007

Sucker punched

Yep, the market is tanking big time, no thanks to the ever consistent Big Ben. I got out of Yingli at 34.41. Sold at a loss of $0.78/share. The market is very ugly right now; NAS is down 78 points (2.9%). Even Apple is down big, and Baidu has cratered to 360. After I sold, YGE recovered a bit to 34.60. However, I refuse to take a bigger loss.

Three times this week, including this morning, YGE went from 35 to 37. I would've made a nice 2 points each time had I sold at 37. Lesson learned. See a pattern, trade the pattern. Would've made me a nice profit had I acted on the pattern and sold the second and third times. I had my chances. YGE just sat there above 37 without moving despite a robust earnings report this morning. I should've taken the profit.

The only stocks in the green today are the solars. First Solar to the moon, was up $60 at one time to 230, and is now holding very strong at 215.

No comments: