Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Schizo action in YGE

The stock closed the day at 34.80, slightly down with earnings out tomorrow morning. Then, First Solar announced blowout earnings, went from 169 to 188 in after hours. Came down to 185, then zoomed to 207.

In the meantime, YGE went up, up, up to 37.60 in sympathy to FSLR. But as soon as FSLR hit 207, it went down to 203, and that's when YGE collapsed to 34. What gives? Total manipulation by the market makers? I'm just glad I didn't add more shares at 35 or 36 after hours. I gave up thinking about chasing when YGE hit 37.

If someone suddenly found out something about the earnings report and then unloaded shares, it wouldn't be a first. It would just piss me off.

This is the second time this week YGE has run from 34+ to 37 before pulling back to 34+. I don't feel good going into tomorrow's earnings report. It's my old superstition about announcements and the day of the week. A bullish report is usually out on a Monday or Tuesday. A bearish report is out on a Wednesday or Thursday. Crocs announced after the bell on Halloween, a Wednesday. Sunk like a rock. Baidu announced on a Monday. Initial selloff, then the huge run to 400+ began.

Yingli ... I have my superstitions, but I'll stand my ground and hold. Damn schizo stock.

No comments: