Thursday, November 8, 2007

Too early, but Apple & RIMM will be right

Here I am rushing to get AH orders in ... and only afterward do I remember that the East Coast is only 5 hours away. Not 6. AH market closes at 3 pm Hawaii time.

RIMM bot @ 124.67
AAPL bot @ 175.95

I'd have bought more but that's the max. I was gone during the last hour of the session, when the markets rallied and cut losses significantly. Apple's intraday low was 167.77 — 13% off its recent high of 192. RIMM's intraday low was 115.88 — 13% off its recent high. Craziness. Wish I could've seen it and added more shares cheaper, but I was at another meeting. Actually, I could've plugged in the laptop and watched during the meeting, but that would've been a little rude. I did turn the laptop on, but only later.

Apple at 175 is trading right in the middle, a short-term sweet spot below its 10-day SMA (186) and above its 50-day SMA (160). Does the market tank further tomorrow, more than likely on a Friday? Possibly. But Apple is one stock I trust when it comes to fundamentals and technicals at this point. If the market dips one more time, I'll bite the bullet and look forward to future fruitful times from my favorite growth stock.

RIMM fell big, like AAPL, but really had further to fall than Apple. Even now, at 124.50 (after hours), it is just a hair beneath its 10-day SMA (125.31). Still would have liked to have bought more RIMM here ... a good sign for shorts. Not kidding.

I almost went back into YGE, which I sold earlier today at a fractional loss. The stock closed up at 35.20, a penny ahead of my latest entry point. I just think that the solars are going to fizzle out sooner than later, and Yingli will peter out, too, even before it had a serious run. I'd love to daytrade YGE for the 2 points between 35 and 37, but if solars go limp tomorrow, I'd rather have my hard-earned money in A+ monsters like Apple and RIMM.

It's just as well that I bought now instead of later. I have to get on the road, pick up my nephew, get some work done, la-dee-da. But first, Starbucks, here I come.


No comments: