Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cashed out

Cleared out my AAPL position above 343 for gain of $8. Pros: Glad I didn't sell lower on Tuesday or Wednesday. Cons: Could've sold at 345+ yesterday. Technically, 343+ wasn't a great price, but I wanted to lock in rather than risk a slide below 343. 

It's not so simple staying awake without Red Bull but it's worth the effort. It'a 2 am here most nights when I get to bed, or I'll stay up and long as I can after premarket begins at 3. (Opening bell is 4:30 am Hawaii time.) Unless I quaff some Red Bull, I'll blink and it's lights out for a few minutes or hours, and AAPL has gained or lost a buck or two. AAPL is out of steam, down fractionally while the market is up fractionally. The momentum has been halted (shares had 19-buck run in two days) and I'm not sticking in a position just to see how far it drops. Yes, I'd rather hold for the long term, but only if I get a cheaper price. I think a selloff will take it below 335. Volume is weak, there's no near-term catalyst ahead anymore (Verizon deal, Obama, earnings). 

I also think this could a new floor here at 343. Could be anything from MMs holding the price here before they pin it to 345 to ... who knows. 

No comments: