Monday, January 10, 2011

Minimal reversal?

Futures are in the red across the board, but nothing real heavy. Asia down moderately (less than 1%). Europe down some, too. No surprise given the need for a breather in this surging market.

What seems like a missile for bulls or a trap to bears is AAPL's pre, premarket bid of 339.11 with an ask of 340.69. That would be up from Friday's close at 336.12 and the afterhours high of 338. Smells fishy to me.

Theories abound.

1. Apple earnings out on the 18th, so the stock has room to rise.

2. I've already noted that there's room all the way to 352 before the usual pullback.

3. The correction could begin the day Apple's earnings are released, considering how much AAPL is part of most porfolios and funds. I'm not certain of most theories, but I'm certain of this: AAPL is due for a pullback, and they're never small declines with AAPL.

4. Even an optimist like me has been wrong about AAPL. I got out at 257 last time.

No comments: