Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Maniputations and zoikes

Almost pulled the trigger on AAPL in the last couple of hours today with shares pulling back a bit to 343.60 or so. But I waited too long and it went back to 344 and I pulled the order. Then, in the final minutes, AAPL went straight to 344.42, right near its high of the day. Somebody's playing games...

Bigger picture, shares are going to rise going into the 18th (earnings). Today might have been the right time to start a position, but I'll be waiting until tomorrow. Again. No such thing as a sure thing in any market, but if Lululemon is up roughly 50%, you know the bubble's going to burst sometime soon.

2-year chart


5-day chart



400? Really? Best thing might be to forget looking at the past and strictly focus on the present and future. Mania makes money if it's in the right time and place. iPad. Macs. iPhones. Apps. iTunes. Global growth. Real revenue. Fear took me out a few times, at 105, at 257. Reality is keeping me on watch duty. Balance will make me some money, not all the time, but more often than not. Reasonable enough.

No comments: