Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Precious metals: Is the run done?



11:51 am (Hawaii). Who knows, really. But rotation is reality and it's never good to be among the last at the party, "volunteering" to pick up trash, wash dishes, take out garbage, wiping down that disgusting mess at the table. Gold and silver won't slip off anyone's radar screens. But March is about retail, normally. Though SLW made some interesting moves after I hit the sack, it still lacked buying pressure. The bulls retreated. Maybe it was just a breather. I hope so. But hope is not going to make me money.

72% of my watch list is in green after hours. I made one trade and that was that. Down in a tiny way for the day. I missed UCO, which was at 52+ when I dozed off, but is now at 54.32 due to madness in Libya, Saudi aggression (per Bahrain) and nations sending military aide toward the Middle East.

Just about the only stocks that didn't move up today had been on extended and/or steep runs. GLD. LULU. PAAS. SLW. Others, like NFLX, are finally pulling back. The threat of major competition is in the rear-view mirror now.

Indecsion

See above

Daytrader fun time?

102 is feverishly hot

Stocks rallied. Gold buried.

Stalled out with brother Gold

I got shook out early in the day, but SLW then rallied 
back to near-44. I would've been better off sleeping in.

The selloff was due. SLW stayed above near-term support.

Is this time to get out? Le Fly got out of EXK

Would you get out here, too? 

AAPL: Can you tell when Steve Jobs takes the stage?

The iPad 2 effect

AAPL 3-month, daily

AAPL 3-year, weekly

Le Fly loves OPEN. Looks like an opportunity here

Fly also loves PSUN

UCO: Where I should've been today

Where I should've been the last 10 days.
Live and learn.

No comments: