Monday, March 7, 2011

Sometimes sleep and work are enough

7:05 pm (Hawaii). I slept through most of the market. This turned out good. It wasn't my plan. No, I thought I'd be wide awake for the first few hours, but by 4 am (30 minutes before the opening bell), I knew it was hopeless. I slept well.

Had I been awake, I'm not sure how I would've played today's market. It started weakly and never got going. Maybe I would've taken a ride on EXK, SLW and UCO. But I slept in. Later in the day, I refused to chase, even if there are substantiated claims that Tuesdays have treated silver well lately.

This is the common theme of my investing/trading life: Avoiding too-good-to-be-true scenarios that actually turn out to be home runs, while actually getting burned once in a great while on other too-good-to-be-true scenarios. If you were scorched by DNDN years ago, you might understand why I'm skittish about this silver bull mania.

Monday night reading
Zero Hedge: Short squeeze! Here comes 50-dollar silver (May 7 2011)
Commodity Online: Silver investment in China soars (Mar 7 2011)
Rick Munarriz: Apple's next challenge (Mar 7 2011)

No comments: