Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Aloha WFC

Media pounding us with bad news (Fed minutes report). One thing I'll never like about media, particularly TV, is the tone and method of blowing things out of proportion. As if they were tasked with the duty of scaring the public to death. Can't fight that. So rather than wait for WFC shares to keep dropping, I sold at 14.70 with a very minor profit. I can get back in when the media and the market are more rational and a little less hysterical.

I actually got a more normal night of sleep. Didn't get up until 7:30 or so, and by then C had dropped from a high of 2.84 to 2.76, now trading at 2.72. I would probably have sold at 2.81 and taken the nickel gain. I'm not married to the thing. I'll take a dime or nickel any time now. It's just choppy seas until the financials report. Then it gets better or worse.

If I'd been as practical last week, I would've sold WFC at 16-plus.

Have a limit order to sell STP at 12.95. Currently at 12.86.

No comments: