Sunday, April 19, 2009

In honor of Call of Duty addicts

Such as my nephew.

One of my favorite writers, Rick Aristotle Munarriz, may have convinced me about Activision Blizzard. I'm taking a close look at ATVI in the morning after I sell BAC (probable). ATVI raised earnings estimates on Thursday from 63 cents to 73 cents per share, and the stock popped at the open, sold off and rallied before Friday's close. It hit a high of 10.89, a low of 9.99 during those two sessions, and closed at 10.57. It's traded between 9 and 11 for the past month.

With the Co's guidance -- earnings will be out in two weeks (May 4), this is ultimately a potentially great trading stock. If ATVI pulls back to 10.25 or lower, I'm probably in. All I want are dimes. Quarters would be nice. It could just boost over 11 real quick. Wouldn't surprise me. How many companies are increasing profits in this recession?

I've seen how people get addicted to Call of Duty (quite a series, people play online day and night) and Guitar Hero. Might as well profit off their addiction.

Why not ERTS? Madden retired, there's nothing "hot" in the pipeline. Electronic Arts is a cold fish right now, which is sad but I'm going to make some money rather than worry about ERTS.

No comments: