Monday, April 27, 2009

Not so crazy now

It wasn't very long ago when I was willing to go fairly large on a daytrade and ride a skeptical, paranoid market with a sturdy surfboard known as FAZ. I mean, it was high risk, high reward and I made some dollars -- then gave most of it back being inexperienced with the incredible speed that it can change direction.

Today, I just watched as FAZ moved now and then. The sentiment in the market wasn't totally fearful, so it's much tougher to gauge the direction on an uber-short ETF like that. The market was mostly sideways today. So instead of trying to dip in and out in a tough environment, I put small orders in for some stocks I like both short and long term: AAPL, ATVI, DNDN and F. Of the three, DNDN is a real crapshoot and I will probably bail out before they announce the precise results of Provenge testing after the bell tomorrow.

BAC got to 9.29 in the morning, but I didn't sell (break even would be 9.35) so I'm holding that bag. Chief exec Ken Lewis could be canned any day now, which might kick start the stock. I don't see it as a long-term hold either way.

AAPL is money. Golden. I'll keep adding little by little for a core holding. ATVI, Activision Blizzard, is responsible for the cultish, zombie-like behavior of gamers everywhere, including my nephew, who is addicted to Call of Duty 4 online. It has powers we can only imagine. The stock has been pinned in the 10 range for awhile. Could be time for a run.

No comments: