Friday, April 17, 2009

Mastery is tough to attain

A last little vent about the C trades.

Wednesday to Thursday, a beautiful run from 3.80 to 4.10. It wouldn't stay at 4.10 long at all, dropped back to 4.02-4.05 range and I held out an extra hour, two hours to get my 4.10 sell point. Victory.

Later, I took a small win in C for 7 cents. Two wins in two days.

Today, it was the overnight gap from 4.05 to 4.38. Awesome. Not the 5.00 or 6.00 that some people fantasized about, but they were not being realistic.

Three nice wins in a row on C. Then I screwed up the streak by letting a small win turn into a big loss, entering at 3.92, passing the sell at 3.99 and losing at 3.70.

Stick to the game plan. Must stick to the game plan. Take the 5-cent win always, especially when the price has fallen almost a dollar from the premarket high. This was not one of them and that lack of reasoning and logic cost me a chunk.

No comments: