Sunday, August 12, 2007

Wii had a good ol' time

Long day, driving to Mililani, then Kaneohe, then Waianae, back to Mililani, and finally home.

Why? Football mug shots and the birthday celebration of my 1-year-old twin niece and nephew. The football photo stuff is something I've done this for most of the last 17 years, and today was no different. What was I doing taking football photos on a Sunday? I don't call those shots. The teams set the dates and we show up. That's life in the sports media.

But the end of the day was superb for me from the standpoint of a Nintendo shareholder. (I know I hold ADRs, not shares, but what would that make me? An ADRholder? Come on.) I got to see my nephews and sisters in law battle it out after dinner. Tennis. Bowling, BASEBALL. (My sis-in-law Kelly throws a helluva splitter, man!) And they did it all with a Wii on my brother's cool big-screen plasma TV. They worked up a sweat, almost inspiring me to participate.

Then I remembered my bulging gut, which has covered up my once-pristine 6-pack, and my overall fatigue after a long week of work. I rested and enjoyed the essence of Wii excellence and marvelled at the genuine joy my extended family got from this unique product. Once we see new video games flood the market specifically targeted for play on the Wii, my Nintendo ADRs will do a happy dance.

Nice way to end the weekend. Totally forgot about the tumultuous market ride. Whatever that was.

An excellent read by Howard Schnedier of the Washington Post about his Wii boxing experience here.

Pupule Paul is long NTDOY.PK.

No comments: