Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Mobile games fit for kings and queens

I will confess that cellphones were the final frontier for me. If my then-employer hadn't required me to carry a company-owned cellphone back in 1999, I probably wouldn't have had one for many more years.

The best thing about that little phone was the games I loved playing while sitting on the throne, so to speak. It was a football game that wasn't half bad and totally addicting. Many times I lamented the premature end of a game because, well, my business on the throne was done too quickly.

But the future of cellphone games is getting quite serious now that high-end cellphones like the BlackBerry are catering to their customers' needs. Jessica Vascellaro of the Wall Street Journal explains the future of this quickly growing and profitable niche in future tech.

No comments: