Friday, May 13, 2011

Blogger sites back up?


7:08 am (Hawaii)
It seems this blog is back up, but everything I wrote here yesterday is gone. If that's the case, bummers, but 100x worse is that all of the great work I saw online yesterday at Turd Ferguson's blog and SilverGoldSilver is also down, maybe not to be back. Oh well, what's one day anyway?

Below is my post-market post from yesterday. So much happens in the PM market in the course of a few days, even a few hours or minutes, that yesterday can seem like ages ago. With that said, here goes. Yesterday's stuff. It was great to hash it out, doesn't matter for me whether it's on the blog or not. Clarity is good.

Update (Thursday) 3:13 pm (Hawaii) Blogger.com's admin pages are down for maintenance, but I still need to flesh out some thoughts and get some clarity.

1. Lusting after Scottsdale Silver stackers and their Academy hand-poured, both 10-oz bars. On sale again with today's Spot drop to below $400.

2. Stayed in 100% cash through the end of afterhours trading. Was tempted to try a small position, but could not come up with a strong enough thesis for either the bull or bear side. Left ZSL and AGQ alone.

3. Like the action in some silver miners today, but overall precious metals were down after that major attack overnight. Big bounces in many, but still underwater compared to the day before.

4. Still not sure if this was the second and last bottom in the near term. To go from 39.50 to 32.25 in 24 hours is preposterous and the CME Mafia can do it any time. If the QE3 theory is correct, PMs will continue to be taken down until public clamor for more Monopoly money out of Big Ben's printing press is an absolute "necessity."

5. The best approach is to generate more profits (fiat) and hold for a probable third bottom in Spot. At that bottom or just after it (more likely), then would be the best time to buy more physical silver. (Spot is currently at 34.71.)

So that $385 10-oz bar from Scottsdale Silver will have to wait. Spot could sink to 30 tonight (or whenever), which would surprise me, but it wouldn't be shocking, not to me. If that happens, the stacker could drop to $340 or $350 and I might get two. Or 2011 ASEs would be at $36. So I'm trying to hang on to my fiat and wait for great prices.

A note on local coin shops: I did some driving around during a bit of free time yesterday. Two listed shops don't exist. One is filled with a mess and the other doesn't even have a location any more. I don't know jack about numismatics and physical other than the prices I see online, but when I got my ASEs over the weekend off-island, they were at a great price and I enjoyed the service. Frankly, I wish I were there again to get more, though the owner said he heard Oahu shops were completely out of ASEs.

Note #2: Best line of the day came from Corzine, the former governor/Goldman Sachs bonds legend and current prez of CMF. He said on Fast Money that the correction in silver came "NATURALLY."

What can you do but swim with the sharks ... carefully. Just a pilot fish here. 

No comments: