Sunday, June 27, 2010

Forrest/Epps just don't get it

Forrester has already gone on record recently with underwhelming projects for 2010 iPad sales. Now Forrester's Sarah Rotman Epps insists that Apple will sell barely 200,000 iPads per month.

"Jobs may not view the iPad as a PC, but we do," she wrote recently.

Thing is, the iPad is NOT a computer. It's a TOY, and it's quite sad that Epps and a few other insistent fools refuse to factor in FUN as a key ingredient in this evolution in modern technology. It's perfectly fine for any analysts or writer to say that he or she doesn't like Product X. Doesn't mean the rest of Planet Earth hates it, too.

I never cared much for heavy metal, but I wasn't going to lie and say nobody would buy it during the 1980s and '90s. I saw the Dallas Cowboys rip my L.A. Rams apart many times back then, but I wasn't about the claim that the Cowboys were unpopular and sucked just because they weren't my taste or style when it came to pro football.

Forrester and Epps can say and write whatever they like. Their rep is shot and will continue to be pummeled as the rest of the world has all kinds of fun with their toys, including their favorite, the iPad.

I don't even own one, but even I see the great technology and greater ease of use.

No comments: