Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Men: Wrong about CROX, wrong about LULU

I'm not the first to notice this, but as a long in lululemon and Crocs, I can't help but recognize that there are some really stupid summaries being made by men who completely don't get what the comapnies are about.

These guys who are normally intelligent and analytical boil down their negative stances on LULU and CROX with comments like:

• "Crocs are fu@#ing ugly. Nobody will be buying this fad in one year. I'm shorting this POS!"

• "Lulu has no chance against Nike and UA."

They were wrong about Crocs. They will be wrong about lululemon.

There are too many men who underestimate the buying power of women in our country. Too many men who underestimate the attention female shoppers pay to quality and durability. Too many men who think their misguided emotional responses to lululemon and Crocs products/apparel actually matter. If they want to keep shorting these stocks, so be it. They keep getting burned. Can't say I haven't tried to warn them!

I am wearing Crocs Caymans as I type this, sitting in Starbucks and typing on an old Apple PowerBook G4. Why do I mention this? The new CFO of lululemon had the same position at SBUX. Great pickup for lululemon.

No comments: