Monday, October 29, 2007

Morning Glance: Green is good

Quick glance at today's bump up...

lululemon athletica responding to its recent bottom (50) and is up 4.2% to 52.58 on low volume. Whether this holds, we shall see, but I am still as bullish as ever on LULU.

Crocs moving up, also, now at 72, an all-time high. If the pattern persists, earnings will be announced around Nov. 14. I want more shares cheap, which could happen within these next 16 or so days. I hope.

VMware is on the move, up 3.2% to 115.75. As sure a buy as any I've made in the past two weeks. Wish I had more! ... Baidu also up 3.4% to 365.

Yingli Green Energy is up 7.4% to 37, also an all-time high, thanks to the price of crude oil. A lot of talk on CNBC about traders in the pit expecting a fall in crude prices soon, too much frothy money from hedge funds, yadayada. Even if crude falls, I will hold my YGE position. Solar in China will be one of the winners.

YGE broke out on Friday, looking somewhat similar to LULU when LULU broke out over 38 several weeks ago. I wouldn't doubt that YGE can catapult into the 50s as quickly as LULU did, but I'd wait for a pullback, even as oil surges higher.

China Digital TV and Longtop Financial are duds this morning. STV is relatively flat, up 0.8%, par with the NAS. LFT is down 3.6% to 29. Arf arf, I might get out of that and buy more CROX, Nintendo or VMW on a dip.

Whine of the Morning: Still wishing I bought CNOOC (CEO) back in the 90s (August) when the P/E was 11. Waah. Friggin waah.

No comments: