Wednesday, October 24, 2007

More Baidu on the dip, passed up more VMware

Argh, had to go to a meeting an hour before the market closed today. Added a few BIDU at 336.97. Sound frothy? I liked the dip today, and earnings are out tomorrow. Baidu has been one of my favorites for a while, though I had such a tiny position that it didn't correlate with my perspective.

Longtop Financial ran big from 26 mid-day to 32 at the close. I couldn't zoom in on this Chinese IPO stock because of work, but I'm watching it closely now.

By adding more Baidu, I passed on a chance to get more VMware at 105. Now that VMware's earnings are out (18¢ EPS vs. the street's estimate of 6¢), the stock has hit a high of 113 in after hours. To think that there have been so many doubters of the Co with the remarkable technology, it's astounding. I'll keep an eye on this decision: VMW at 105 vs. BIDU at 337. Can't say, at least right now, that either would have been a bad buy.

No comments: