Monday, October 15, 2007

eBay: nice price, not for me

eBay is one of those companies that is producing great numbers, yet I have had a mixed bag of personal, customer experience that leaves me neither a fan nor supporter. Though I rated the stock an A- a month ago, I don't have the enthusiasm for EBAY that I do for most of my A and A- grade picks.

Fortunately, making money in the market has less to do with my personal feelings and everything to do with the fundamentals of the stock, the company and the market. eBay has been extremely volatile this year, and today's pullback

Pupule says: Buy small. At 39 even, the stock is just below its 10-day SMA (39.12). Like Amazon, eBay for me is not an exciting opportunity. Even Amazon holds a superior customer experience, but I can't deny EBAY's fundamentals and growth prospects in Asia. But I won't be buying EBAY before many of my other A and A- stocks.

No comments: