Monday, July 30, 2007

Brew Review: Pilsner Urquell

Pilsner Urquell (Czech Republic)
Appearance (0 to 4 stars): 3. If I didn't know better, I'd say it looks like Miller Draft.
Aroma: 3. Yoikes. This even tastes a little like Miller Draft (which I happen to like).
Flavor: 3. Slightly bitter. Not subtle at all. You either like it or hate it. Definite aftertaste.
Texture: 2.5. Carbonated a bit too much. Probably tastes best on a friggin hot day while you're outdoors.
Drinkability: 3.

Overall score: 14.5 out of 20. I don't remember a whole lot about the other time I had this during college. Something along the lines of it was quite potent. Or was that Elephant? Uhh...
Cost: I forget.
On the label: (I'll do this later. The bottle's in the fridge and I only poured half of it out.)

Nice top

No comments: