Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Not to fret, there will be other Amazonian moves

As I sat there watching Amazon's hurricane-level activity in after hours, I wondered.

I wondered if I should've dove in at $72 before I'd jumped in the shower. I wondered if a buy even at $77 would pay off as quickly as tomorrow. I wondered on and on. I kept my discipline, though, and I didn't try to catch a blazing thoroughbred with my bare hands.

Instead, I think about other wonderful companies that have many more moves ahead. One would be Nintendo. Though the stock has more than doubled since November, the climb is far from over. From the Wii to the DS to various old and new games, Nintendo is steadily climbing without a pinch of negativity in sight.

Roger Ehrenberg's eloquent piece about Microsoft's stagnation, Sony's demise and Nintendo's rise is a must-read. The evolution of growth stocks is something he analyzes well. His conclusion? Nintendo is in tune with the market. Period.

I admit there's a bias on my part, having played Madden Online with my PS2 during the earlier part of this decade. I played obsessively, and was even organizer of a few office Madden Leagues. Sure, this has a lot to do with Electronic Arts, but my loyalty to the PS2 and Nintendo was forged quite deeply, especially since those long-ago days of the original Nintendo console.

I'm already highly bullish, of course, on NTDOY.PK. As Amazon took off for the moon, I should've remembered, Nintendo is one of a handful of other companies that also have meteoric gains ahead. That's plenty enough.

Disclaimer: Pupule Paul is slightly long NTDOY.PK.

No comments: