Monday, July 30, 2007

A Un

In the middle of an otherwise generic strip mall is an understated little place called A Un.

Located on the first floor of McCully Shopping Center, it isn't exactly screaming for attention.

There are no windows that let passers-by peek in, but once you're in, it's a nice, low-lit bar with a very clean, Asian-influenced aesthetic.


A few friends and I enjoyed the fried garlic, fried octopus and a few beverages. The garlic cloves were crispy on the outside, as you can see, but very tender and even sweet inside. As an absolute lover of garlic, I was in heaven. Just dip the garlic in some shoyu and I'm happy.

The fried octopus was really unique. Though I've had my share of octopus, or tako, I'd never had them like this. Little tiny octopus that I'd seen in fish shops before, but never eaten. They were very good, better than they look in the photo.

These pics came from a visit there in June of 2006. We've been back a handful of times since. Always worth the visit. Thank you A Un!

No comments: