Sunday, July 29, 2007

Brew Review: Rogue Dead Guy

Rogue / Dead Guy (USA)
Appearance (0 to 4 stars): 3.5. Though I poured it slowly as always, it's sudsy at the top, caramel colored underneath.
Aroma: 3. Nice, but nothing unusual, unique or special.
Flavor: 3. Nice, goes down good, probably tastes better with a meal.
Texture: 3. A bit too carbonated for my taste. When I want fizz, I drink a 7-Up.
Drinkability: 3.5. I may sound like I'm complaining a lot about this brew, but it's actually solid. In the back of my mind, Dead Guy compares rather unfavorably it to the great brews, but it is still far, far superior to Budweiser.

Overall score: 16 out of a possible 20.

Cost: $5. 650 mil, fairly big brown bottle.
On the label: A eye-catching dark red label with a skelton guy sitting on a barrel. Rogue makes a number of different brews, and this is the first of many I'll be tasting by them this year. The company is based in the Northwest, hence the proud old English banner at the bottom: "Oregon Brewed".

See more at the Rogue Brewery site.

No comments: