Friday, July 20, 2007

Where's the green?

I've awoken to a Sea of Red.

This cold/sinus infection/yucky mess that has bugged me for a few weeks got me good this morning. I didn't get up until 10:40 (Hawaii time). By then, the market was done and I turned on my laptop to see the color of fury up and down my screen. Man, there was more green in my phlegm that on any of my stocks.

I also noticed a stock here and there that actually did OK today. When I get back from some errands, I'll take a closer look at what worked today. Even for those of us who stay long on our best stocks, it's interesting to see how the market works in relationship to them. Two of them, off the top of my fuzzy, delirious head, were Flowserve and CNOOC. Clearly a common denominator there.

Now, I must take my Worldwide Coughing Tour on the road. (It's not really as bad as I make it. I take Sudafed and live mostly a solitary life during this summer break. The giant roach that dared to enter my home a couple of weeks ago can attest to that.)

In the meantime, I recommend a post from Wang's World, where a relief from pressure and stress is available. Not that I've done a downward dog in the past decade.

No comments: