Monday, July 23, 2007

Yared calls it again: CLRK & OPSW hit jackpot

When I call Georges Yared the Yoda of the stock market, I do so with complete sincerity and admiration.

Mind you, though I do not consider myself a Star Wars geek, I was camped out in line outside old Cinerama Theater on the eve of "Return of the Jedi." Yoda does mean something significant in the pecking order of wisdom. I'm just not enough of a geek to know where Yoda originated from and all that stuff.

Yared's writing is what inspired me to take a closer look at previously mysterious companies like Opsware and Color Kinetics. His analyses were so simple to understand, so fundamental, that I immediately gave the companies B+ and B ratings. Never bought shares, but just doing some extra studying off Yared's pieces opened my eyes.

Today, both companies agreed to buyouts. Opsware announced this morning that it will become part of Hewlett Packard for $14.25 per share, a 38% premium to Friday's closing price. Color Kinetics will be purchased by Royal Philips Electronics for $34 a share, a 60% bump since Yared's recommendation.

Yared the Yoda, certainly he is.

No comments: