Thursday, June 2, 2011

Pre-game Thursday


3:11 am (Hawaii) Big economic numbers due tomorrow that will sandwich with yesterday's manufacturing numbers. I guess that makes today the meat and cheese, or lack thereof. 52% of my Metals list is green, but it is a totally shallow, superficial layer. Almost all of those green premarket movers are less than 1.5% up, a truly lame sign.

AGQ is up 2.4%, but is off its HOD of 194 to 191.65. Most of the upside movers are less than 1% up, mostly in the 0.5% or less range. Looks fake, fake, fake.

As for OWW, it's hovering just above 3 and I'm underwater, which means I'm down about hardly anything. It's a teeny trade, but enough to keep my interest piqued. I may or may not hold down to 2.21, which is where it was at yesterday's close before the news from the courthouse (American Airlines). The 38.1% Fibonacci retrace level from yesterday's afterhours high is 3.05, which is just about where OWW is right now.

DGP is slightly up, and between DGP and OWW, I am still 87% cash. Lots of work to do this morning, so I may not pay much attention to the market. I will be watching gold and silver closely, though, for the possibility of buying more physical on a bigger dip.

No comments: